Exploring Sewing Skills (9th-12th)
Teacher: Jamie Miller
Description: This class is for students who have at least intermediate sewing level. We will work on a variety of sewing skills that the students can then use on projects at home. We will learn tips and tricks to make sewing easier as well as improving existing skills such as installing a zipper. Then, we will try our hand at pattern making and construct our new design. Some work at home will be needed for practice.
Class Length: 16 weeks
Prerequisites: Intermediate sewing level.
Homework: 0-30 minutes
- 1 yard of cotton/cotton blend fabric (any design the student likes).
- Container of some kind to hold basic sewing supplies: scissors, seam ripper, hand needles, tape measure, pins and pin cushion or magnet, small ruler, bobbins for machine, thread, etc.
- Sewing machine. Rental sewing machines are available for the semester ($25). Contact Jamie Miller if you will need to rent a machine.
- When we start constructing our pattern design they will need appropriate material and thread for that project.
- 1″ 3-ring binder with 3 dividers.